Brain Bubbles

Expressions of a caffiene regulated brain.

baby

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

No Food with a Face

I have just been having the most interesting conversation with my father-in-law. I was lamenting the fact that I didn't know what to make for dinner. He made some suggestions. They were mostly seafood. I suddenly realised how much hate to eat seafood. While my husband is an avid fan (clearly he ate lots as a kid), I hate the stuff. In fact the closest that I will venture to seafood is fish n chips. Not just any fish mind you, it has to be Hake, and deep fried in batter. I don't eat any other type. Not prawns, not shrimps, not crayfish, in fact just thinking about it makes my skin crawl. Yuck yuck. How people can get excited about some poor creature who has just been boiled alive or dead mind you, and get all excited about ripping it's legs off and sucking out the stuff. Urgh, pardon me while I hurl into the waste basket next to my desk. I'm not that squeamish that I'm vegetarian though mind you. I will always be able to put away a really well cooked steak, with garlic butter, and potato wedges, and butternut, and peas. Damnit!! Now I am hungry!