Brain Bubbles

Expressions of a caffiene regulated brain.

baby

Sunday, January 22, 2006

30 Years Old Today...

Well, it's here, my birthday! The hubby took me out to dinner at Simons last night. It is this beatiful place in the local winelands at a farm called 'Groot Constantia' . The restaurant has recently been completely re-done. It used to be this wine-served-in-glass-mugs-sit-on-benches-under-the-vines-outside-stamp-your-feet-to-the-raucous-Dutch-German-accordian-music kind of place, but is now a bit more, Zshoosh. Y'know a little (lot) more sophisticated. I heard it was downright snobby, and was heart broken that this place I practically grew up in (we ate Sunday lunch there nearly every weekend, for YEARS) had changed to resemble so many restaurants in Constantia. But from the moment we sat down, it was a great experience, and not overpriced at all, in short, I had a wonderful time with my hubby, great wine, fantastic food and in all a great way to celebrate my birthday, albeit the evening before my actual birthday. I spent most of the evening driving the hubby nuts with my flashbacks to childhood. I used to ride in the area as well, so I sat and looked at some of the mountain trails that I used to take on horseback and would sit with a little smile on my face, remembering the wind in my hair going at full pelt. I think we'll probably go back soon for another meal. Posted by Picasa