Brain Bubbles

Expressions of a caffiene regulated brain.

baby

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Ho hum

Well, I really don't feel like working today. I am definitely going to the gym today, it usually peps me up, funny how it takes energy, to get more energy. Cardio day today, not my favourite, but if I am going to work off all the chocolate that I am going to eat today - I'm definitely going! I've been working on some more scrapbook pages as well, but they're not totally done yet. I need more embellishments before they're done. When I am done, then I will scan one or two in, and post them, in the hopes of receiving millions of comments from adoring fans, blown away by my creative genius. ;) HA! The hubby and I had a talk last night about 'starting a family'. Not sure about this. I have just started to enjoy being married - and since we are like the last of the mohicans (all our friends are already married and starting on kiddy number 2 already), all of our friends keep saying 'don't be in a hurry - kids change your life completely' (duh!), but I also don't want to be the last to have kids, so that when my kids are 2 and running around, everyone else's will be 8 or 10 and won't want to play with the 'babies'. Am I totally nuts to think that I should be worried about this? Are there more important factors to consider...? Having said that I've just started to enjoy being married- the hubby and I have been living together for about 5 years, so it's not as if everything about living together is still new. But somehow, being married is different- and I am not sure if I just want to skip through this phase and plough headlong into the next one yet. Hmmm. I suppose that work wise I am in the right place right now, I pretty much work my own hours. Gaaah!! Indecision annoys me!! Gaah! What's weird is that I used to have this hugely stressful job which kept me away from home at least 10-12 hours a day (9 hr day plus travelling), which is why I ended up changing to this where I now work in my husbands company. But having all this newly found time, I have rediscovered that there are things in life that I like to do besides work. Like walk the dogs on the beach while there's sunlight. Like, actually have friends over for dinner on a weeknight. Like, scrapbooking. Like blogging -although that doesn't really count because I do that while I am supposed to be working. How am I going to feel if all that disappears again because I have a baby on my hip? Am I being a totally selfish cow about this?